Summer is here. Kids are out of school. The weather is begging you to go out and enjoy the outdoor activities. We are, by no mean, an outdoor type family; however I do appreciate that where we live has so many activities to offer. I will feel so bad not to try them out.
Here are the list of outdoor adventures in or around the Atlanta area (mostly the North part of Atlanta). Get out and enjoy!
1) Amicalola Fall : Less than an hour north of Atlanta, this waterfall is our family favorite. It has a hiking trail to go up to the top of the Falls. But you can also drive up and park and do a relatively short trail at West Ridge Falls trail. Best of all, this trail is paved with recycle tire that family with stroller can enjoy the same view as well.
2) Tallulah Gorge State Park : Boasted the most spectacular canyon in the Eastern US, this park has various trails with varied degree of difficulty. A novice like us probably aims for NORTH/SOUTH Rim Trail or the SHORTHLINE Trail. If hiking is your hobby and you would like more challenge then you can obtain the permit to hike down the Gorge.
3) Sawnee Mountain Preserve : Another perfect park that less than an hour from Atlanta and literally in my neck of the wood. And yet, we haven’t been there. So this year I made a mental note that I will have to visit this well-praised preserve to check out the hiking trail. If hiking is not your thing, there are other activities like Rock Climbing or simply just sightseeing the view from the mountain.
4) Unicoi State Park & Anna Ruby Falls : Our last visit to Helen during the Fall was amazing. But there are other things that we didn’t do because of the season. We have visited Unicoi State Park briefly but we didn’t hike up to the Anna Ruby Falls. We couldn’t go River Tubing. So this year, I am determined to go back and enjoy River Tubing and hiking up the waterfalls.
5) Water Adventures on Chattahoochee River : I have driven by Up The River Outfitters countless times and I have yet to stop by and do it. Up The River provides water adventures ranging from tubing, whitewater rafting and kayaking along the Chattahoochee River. Again, another fun outdoor adventure in my neck of the wood that I can’t pass on. This might have to be mommy and daddy adventure at the Q family because Mr. Z is a tad too young. But giving a couple more years we can have a fun family adventure together.
There are also other fun things on the other side of the town. But I will not be an overachiever and will try to accomplish this list in my nearby area first.
What fun adventures you have planned this Summer?