Ah.. It seems the west coast has been on my mind a LOT lately. Last week, I shared with you on one of my dream trip – Alaska with kids. And I have to say the recently travel deal from Disney Cruise Line makes it even more tempting.
Dreaming of Seattle: The Emerald City
This past weekend, the first step of our Seattle trip planning is done. We have booked our tickets using our miles from our Thailand trip.
So now, I started to shift my focus to the Emerald City. Seattle has been the place that seems to have a pull in me. I don’t know whether it’s the coffee, the movie – Sleepless in Seattle, the TV show – Grey’s Anatomy, the book – Twilight or my friends who moved back there a couple years ago. I know that I have been dreaming about visiting Seattle with kids for a long while.
Luckily for me that Seattle is also home to many great travel bloggers/writers that I have admired and followed.
On one hand, it makes researching for the destination a little bit easier because I have my go-to sites. On the other hand, the amount of information is overwhelming. There are ton of information for me to read and shift through.
Seattle Based Blogs
So far I have had a handful of blogs I subscribe on my RSS reader. Please feel free to add your favorite Seattle based blogs so I can check them out.
- Cascadia Kids – Lora has a great resource for family travel to the Pacific Northwest. Her book, Northwest Kid Trips: Portland, Seattle, Victoria, Vancouver is a great addition for any family planning a trip to the Pacific Northwest area.
- Delicious Baby – Debbi is an expert in family travel. Her blog is a wealth of information for family travel, not just for Seattle. But Seattle is her home town so it’s easy to find many great information about fun things to do with kids in Seattle.
- Nerd’s Eye View – Pam is a fantastic travel writer. I love to read her post and she inspires me to try to be a better blogger. Reading her blog is like reading a great book. It’s beautiful and eloquent.
- Wanderlust and Lipstick – Beth is the author of the women travel blog guide and also lead many women only & co-ed trips to India, Bhutan, Vietnam & Cambodia. I love reading about her trips and tales.
- Emerald City Kids – Terumi blogs about her life with twin boys in the Emerald City. It’s fun to see their adventure in exploring the city.
- Chris Around the World – Reading Chris’s blog is like reading a good travel magazine! I love reading about her trip reports from her extensive travel experience.
- The Carey Adventures – I love Peter’s photography skill. His Photo of The Day series is my favorite thing to look at every morning.
- Northwest Cheapsleeps – A great blog about great and cheap accommodation options in the Northwest. I’m looking forward to additional trip guide especially Seattle and Vancouver.
So did I miss any great Seattle based blogs? Please feel free to leave me a comment! Also stay tune as I work on our short list of things to do in Seattle with kids. It’s a long list but we definitely have to trim them down.
Check out other travelers Monday Dreaming here.