This week Thursday Thirteen is all about the countries that I have visited. I don’t list it in any particular order. Enjoy!
2) Hong Kong – We went there a couple years ago during our family trip back to Thailand. It was like a family reunion trip with my mom, my sister, my brother and my cousin. We had so much fun there. What a lively city and the food was incredible and exotic.
3) Mexico – Our recent cruise had a stop in Cozumel. We only spent a day there. So I know that I will have to go back there to experience and explore more of this beautiful country.
4) Cayman Islands – Love it, love it, love it!!! Another port of call on our recent cruise trip. Oh what a beautiful beach! I think I can just stay there by the beach all day long.
5) Jamaica – Colorful and interesting country. We didn’t get to explore much this trip. But I know that we will find another opportunity to go back and be more adventurous next time.
6) England – I went there about 10 years ago with my mom and my brother. Big Ben, London Bridge, Trafalgar Square and Harrod’s.. Too little time, too many things to do. I need to go back there before my friend moves away.
Picture by fraise
7) Switzerland – On the same trip to London, we also went to Switzerland. Checked out watches and stayed in a beautiful B&B. What a beautiful country!!
8) Germany – I couldn’t believe it has been 10 years already from that trip. We stopped by Heidelberg. Checked out the castle and enjoyed lunch at the town square.
Picture by mattwyn
9) Italy – Rome.. what can I say.. No need to explain. We have to go back. One trip is not enough for this country full of history and great architectures.
Picture by RZen
10) Scotland – A business trip took me to this lovely country. We got to check out the Edinburg castle and visited Glasglow in Ireland. Very peaceful place. I would love to go back there with Mr. Rojo.
Picture by sZelee
11) France – Shopper heaven.. Not so much for me at that time. As a poor student, I didn’t get to enjoy all the brand name stores. But who can forget your experience in Paris. There is no other city like it.
Picture by idreamofdaylight
12) Bahamas – The Carribean paradise. Our first visit was for our honeymoon and followed by our first cruise. We had a great memory there for blue ocean and great snorkel.
13) Singapore – Another great oppotunity from my ex-company. We got to live there for over a month. What an experience!
Picture by travellingzenwolf
Since a handful of the countries I visited were from way before the digital camera era, I didn’t have the digital copies of those pictures. Thanks to the internet I am able to find great pictures from other flickr users.
Check out other TT participants here.
As I have so much time on my hand (apart from working, cooking, taking care of our home, cleaning, etc..), I have come up with 13 destinations that I would like to go on my vacations. These are not the finite list as I refuse to limit my own dream. I want to go places.. different places, different cultures.. Only time will tell.
For now, enjoy my Thursday Thirteen.
1) Hawaii – This is my top destination. It’s just something about the beach that always attract me.
3) Greece – Again something about the ocean.. It’s that blue sky with the crisp clear ocean. Plus Greek food is one of my favorite.
4) Australia – This might happen sooner if I can manage the budget. When we go back to Thailand next trip, I want to try to have a side-trip to Australia. After all, it will cut the flight time by half.
6) Switzerland – I don’t know how to ski but I would love to go ski there. Does that make me sound a bit insane?
8) China – Especially Shanghai, it’s the Western city of China.
10) California – I have been there 10 years ago. But I think my one trip doesn’t do justice to that State. I would love to go back to San Diego, San Francisco and LA (this one mainly for Thai food)
11) Las Vegas/Grand Canyon – Whatever happen in Vegas, stay in Vegas. :)
13) Brazil – I would love to visit the Amazon and take in the vibrant culture.
That’s it folks. My list. So where are your dream destination?