Several weeks ago I was invited to visit and tour Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta – Lawrenceville/Duluth. I was already a big fan of Homewood Suites during our stay in San Diego so I was excited to see if this location will have the same quality and charm.
Location Location Location
The location of the hotel is very important when you travel and this home away from home hotel is no difference.
The Homewood Suites Lawrenceville/Duluth is conveniently located next to I-85 and Sugarloaf Parkway. It’s literally across the street from the Discover Mills mall, one of our family favorite outlet mall. And right down the street, there is the Gwinnett Center which hosts various concerts, family shows and conferences through out the year.
Also with easy access to I-85, you can travel to different part of Atlanta easily (but try to avoid rush hour because we are notorious for the traffic during rush hour)
I have stayed at Homewood Suites Liberty Station-San Diego. And I was not disappointed to see that this Homewood Suites Atlanta-Lawrenceville has the same detail in decoration and functions.
The lobby is nice and feel very welcoming. The big sofa looks inviting for a quick break in front of the fireplace and big flat screen TV. I feel that I have been transported to a peaceful living room even though I am right in the middle of the city!
Movie Room makes for family
One of the unique feature of this hotel is the Media/Movie Room. The room is created with family in mind. Kids will enjoy a movie night in this room with flat screen TV, DVD player and comfy theatre style chair.
The Famous Hot Breakfast
My kids still talk about their favorite breakfast at Homewood Suites. We used to think complimentary breakfast means store-bought muffin, banana and cereal in a box. But not here in Homewood Suites, the breakfast area in the morning is the place where you will see other guests enjoy the fresh breakfast from scramble eggs, bacon, fresh fruits, bread or cereals.
When you travel with kids, having free and healthy option for breakfast is a big plus and a real saving for both time and budget.
They have studio, 1-Bedroom, and 2-Bedroom available at this hotel. Even the studio, the smallest option available, I can see that the space is larger than typical hotel room. The studio room also has pull out sofa and kitchen area with full size refrigerator, microwave and small pantry equipped with utensils and dishware.
The 2-Bedroom option here has one cool feature that sets it apart from other typical suite room. There are 2 separate doors to enter the room. So you can actually stay with your family with a complete privacy because each room will have their own entrance. That’s neat!
Other Amenities I Like
There are other amenities and services from Homewood Suites that make me like this hotel even more. (and you will think that I work for them.. which I’m not)
- Free WiFi – Ok, this is a pet peeve of mine when I travel. How much does it cost for a hotel to setup WiFi? Why can’t they provide that as a free service to hotel guests? At least, the people at Homewood Suites think we should have free WiFi! I think every hotel should follow their footstep.
- Great business center – Yes, sometimes you might have to do business on your family trip and it’s nice to have an option to be able to conduct your business at the hotel. The business center here has multiple computers with its own printer/fax machine. There is also a small room that you can close the door for privacy.
- Putt-putt green – With the great weather majority of the time in Atlanta, a fun outdoor activity is welcoming for family with kids. And what can be more fun than a putt-putt.
- Welcome Home reception – From Mon-Thu, there will be manager reception dinner. This is not just chip & salsa type. It’s a real meal. The menu is available online and from what I see you won’t get the same meal if you stay for a whole month!
*This Giveaway is closed*
So you are in luck as the nice people of Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta-Lawrenceville/Duluth is providing us with a great package for you to try out this special place for yourself.
- Complimentary 1 night stay (Thursday – Sunday) at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta-Lawrenceville/Duluth location for a One Bedroom King Suite with a sleeper sofa, full kitchen and wire/wireless internet. (a value of $114).
- $25 Gift card to AMC theatre at Discover Mills Mall
- The prize must be redeemed by Dec 31, 2010.
How to Enter:
- Leave a comment with your email (I will not share your email address) telling me ‘What is the most important amenity when staying at a hotel with your family?‘
- The comment must be entered before 10pm EST on Tuesday, April 13th, 2010.
- Become a fan of The Q Family Adventures on Facebook and come back to leave a comment to let me know that you are a fan.
- If you are already a fan of The Q Family Adventures, you can leave a comment to let me know.
- Follow @TheQFamily on Twitter and tweet about our giveaway “I enter @TheQFamily giveaway for a night @HomewoodSuites #Atlanta Lawrenceville http://su.pr/1mCcJs #giveaway” and come back to leave a comment with a link to your twitter post.
The giveaway will be closed on 10pm EST on Tuesday, April 13th, 2010. I will choose ONE lucky winner randomly and the result will be announce here on Wednesday, April 14th, 2010. I will contact the winner to get information for the shipping address for your winning prize.
The winner must reply to my email within 3 days otherwise I will select another winner.
- Duplicate comments and anonymous comments will be discarded.
- Please make sure that the email address in your comment form is valid so that we can contact you (email addresses are never made public or shared).
- Winners must claim their prize within 3 business days after the date of notification of such prize. We will disqualify any entries that we believe are generated by scripts and other automated technology.
- No substitutions including for cash are permitted.
- Winners shall be responsible and liable for all federal, state and local taxes on the value of their prize.
- Relatives of The Q Family Adventures are not eligible to win.
So are you ready for a night out with your kids? What a better way to spend a weekend at this home away from home where you and your family can enjoy free movie, no cooking and no cleaning for a day!